Browse Items (109 total)

  • Tags: Pubs Inns & Hotels
The timber bridge which gave its name to the town probably stood a little further upstream than the present stone structure which dates from about 1510. Legacies financed the construction: for example, James Grenewode of Wadsworth left 3s. 4d to the…
Looking across St George's Square to the Shoulder of Mutton on Bridge Gate. The structure on top of the building on the left of centre was a water tank but is now gone.
Looking towards Keighley Road. The covered opening next to "Sally" and the building to its right have now gone and replaced with a small courtyard and purpose built shop building with accomodation over. Further down the street the White Swan is on…
Looking towards the junction at West End. This section is now pedestrianised. The inn on the right is The Shoulder of Mutton and further down is the White Swan.
Site of the former White horse Inn and Bannisters Farm.
Taken from the Old Bridge, the Buttress climbs up to Heptonstall Road. The Hole in the Wall in on the right and in between the start of Royd Terrace.
Mr Bird ran the carpet discount shop in Bridge Mill, he moved there from premises further down Bridge Gate.
Waiters Arms, Tuel Lane, Sowerby Bridge.
Output Formats

atom, csv, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2