This buidling was on the junction of Cow Green and Pellon Lane. It was closed in 1968 and demolished in 1971. The road in the centre of the picture is the bottom of Gibbet Street. The area of town was also known as Swine Gate.
The Princes Arcade was a covered shopping area in the centre of Halifax. It was opened in 1931. It was closed in the late 1970s at the same time as the old Woolshops which were adjacent, prior to demolition. This is now the site of W H Smiths.