Browse Items (220 total)

  • Tags: Cobbles

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/BIM00425.jpg
The Old Bridge onto Bridge Gate. The buildings seen either side have now gone. The house on the left of the bridge used to store their coal under the arch at this end of the bridge.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/BIM00417.jpg
On the far left of the picture is Hazel's wool shop, which was demolished and the site is now Bridge Gate car park.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/BIM00414.jpg
On the left is the Old Bridge. Many of the buildings opposite have been demolished giving way to the Riverside Walk.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/BIM00425.jpg
The Old Bridge onto Bridge Gate. The buildings seen either side have now gone. The house on the left of the bridge used to store their coal under the arch at this end of the bridge.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/BIM00417.jpg
On the far left of the picture is Hazel's wool shop, which was demolished and the site is now Bridge Gate car park.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/BIM00414.jpg
On the left is the Old Bridge. Many of the buildings opposite have been demolished giving way to the Riverside Walk.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/TAL00222.jpg
This picture was taken by Thomas Greenlees from outside his shop in Church Street, Todmorden, in December 1923. Being a saddler by trade, he was probably more interested in the well-turned horses than the hearse, indeed, he probably supplied the…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/CBC06218.jpg
This view would have been taken somewhere close to North Bridge and shows the power station and other industrial buildings in the bottom end of town. Very few of the buildilngs in this picture still survive.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/DNT00199.jpg
The Leeds & Bradford Extension Railway, later a part of the MR, between Shipley and Colne opened through Keighley in 1847 giving the town its first station. The station seen here dates from 1883 and is on the opposite side of Bradford Road to the…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/DNT00160.jpg
On the 'short line' from Bradford to Leeds Central Station opened in 1854 by the Leeds, Bradford & Halifax Junction Railway which was acquired by the GNR in 1865. The station closed in 1966 and the buildings were demolished; a new station with bus…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/DNT00143.jpg
The state of the art Leeds Station sitting atop a labyrinth of Victorian vaults and arches known as the Dark Arches. The surrounding area has been further re-developed since this photo and there is now also a passenger foot access to the station…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/DNT00125.jpg
The station was opened by the M&LR at the same time as the section of its line between Hebden Bridge and Normanton and was Wakefield’s only station until Westgate Station was opened in 1867. The station was rebuilt in 1854 and is seen here late 19th…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/DNT00124.jpg
The station was opened by the M&LR at the same time as the section of its line between Hebden Bridge and Normanton and was Wakefield’s only station until Westgate Station was opened in 1867. The station was rebuilt in 1854 and its frontage seen here…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/RDA00126.jpg
The town centre road junctions with the magnificent Town Hall on the right.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/CBC00820.jpg
Brighouse Wood Row, Brighouse SE 12 SW 3/29 Nos. 7 to 21 (odd)

Grade II

Row of cottages. Late C18. Hammer-dressed stone, stone slate roof. Two storey 5-bay front. Each bay has doorway Kith monolithic jambs and 3-light flat faced mullioned…
Output Formats

atom, csv, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2