Browse Items (26 total)

  • Tags: Goods Shed

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/NGH00123.jpg
The shed was behind the station building and signal box on the down platform and separated from the main goods yard by the Halifax Branch. Rail access was from a westward facing junction off the down line. Following closure in September 1962 the…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/DNT00257.jpg
The roof showing signs of sagging and the yard cleared for temporary council public car parking.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/DNT00256.jpg
The shed on the north side of Water Lane was built by the L&YR about the 1850s. The original terminus station on the south side of Water Lane became the Goods Office at the same time. Today (2017) it stands derelict.

Centre left is the disused…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/DNT00253.jpg
The now disused warehouse a little to the south of the station with the site of former sidings now car parking for Eureka Children's Museum.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/DNT00212.jpg
On the GNR line between Keighley and Queensbury where it connected with lines to Bradford and Halifax. The station opened with the line in 1884 and closed in 1955 at the same time as the line closed to passenger traffic, closing to all traffic in…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/DNT00208.jpg
On the GNR line between Keighley and Queensbury where it connected with lines to Bradford and Halifax. The station opened with the line in 1884 and closed in 1955 at the same time as the line.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/DNT00195.jpg
An intermediate station on the MR’s Ilkley – Skipton line it opened with the line in 1888. The station closed with the line in 1965 and the station buildings subsequently demolished and the site is now a housing estate.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/DNT00170.jpg
The station originally on the Leeds & Thirsk Railway (see Headingley Station) opened in 1849 and seen her with staff posing for the camera in NER days pre-1923. The station was de-staffed in 1969 and the buildings demolished. As a result of…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/DNT00169.jpg
The first station out of Leeds centre on the Leeds & Thirsk Railway which opened between the two towns via Harrogate and Ripon in 1848 but because of problems with Bramhope Tunnel at over two miles in length services didn’t start until the following…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/DNT00125.jpg
The station was opened by the M&LR at the same time as the section of its line between Hebden Bridge and Normanton and was Wakefield’s only station until Westgate Station was opened in 1867. The station was rebuilt in 1854 and is seen here late 19th…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/LYR00304.jpg
LYRS 2685 - The remains of Elland Station in about 1964. The first station opened near the tunnel in 1841 but this, the third station, with its island platform dated from 1894. The station and goods yard closed in 1962 and the station warehouse on…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/LYR00295.jpg
LYRS 6684 - The sidings have been recently lifted and the shed in a poor state of repair pending demolition.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/LYR00293.jpg
LYRS 6687 - The Leeds 'down' platform and the Goods Shed looking west. The Shed has been demolished and the platform building no longer used br rail users.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/LYR00291.jpg
TMP 0225 - General view looking north east in 1950 down the Manchester island Platform across to the Leeds Platform. To the left is the Goods Shed, siding and crane. The building on the Leeds Platform is only station building now remaining but minus…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/LYR00223.jpg
LYRS 8453 - The Goods Yard looking north west from the westbound platform. Date unknown but the yard looks derelict and goods facilities were withdrawn in 1966. The warehouse was let for general storage but demolished following a serious fire in…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/LYR00222.jpg
LYRS 8452 -Date unknown but following demolition of Victoria Mill in the later 1960s. General view of the Goods Warehouse, platforms, station buildings and canopies looking east. Only one of the former three taking-in door hoists on the warehouse is…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/LYR00221.jpg
LYRS6051 - Goods facilities were withdrawn in 1966 and the goods yard closed and dismantled. The warehouse was let for general storage but was demolished in 1969 following a serious fire. The site is now the station car park. . The square wood clad…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/LYR00220.jpg
LYRS6050. The large double bay station warehouse in 1963 but with only one of the former three taking-in door hoists left. Goods facilities were withdrawn in 1966 and the warehouse let for general storage. It was demolished in 1969 following a…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/LYR00215.jpg
LYRS 4478 - General view of the 'up' platform, buildings and canopy in 1951 with westbound Stanier 4-6-0 Class No. 45421. The station warehouse to the left and Victoria Mill beyond were demolished in the late 1960s. The sleepers on the platform…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/LYR00210.jpg
LYRS2701. Early 20thc. pre-1908 view across the railway station to the town. The passenger station, re-built 1891/2, wedged between Victoria Mill to its right and the large railway warehouse to the left, the second bay of which built in 1884 still…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/LYR00188.jpg
LYRS60286. 1963 and the then recently closed Goods Shed, now demolished, looking up the line towards Mytholmroyd from the road overbridge. Part of the 'up' platform just visible on the left.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/LYR00187.jpg
LYRS6074. 1963 the Goods Shed and crane after closure of the station the previous year.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/LYR00184.jpg
LYRS 4540 - 1951. General view of platform, buildings, canopy and goods yard looking towards Mytholmroyd as Stainer 4-6-0 5MT. No. 45201 approaches. The station closed to passengers in 1962 and to goods in 1965.
Output Formats

atom, csv, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2