Browse Items (857 total)

  • Tags: Transport

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/CBC06188.jpg
A view up Crossley Street from Northgate. Buses clearly used to stop here. The 512 service serves Mixenden to this day.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/CBC06187.jpg
The junction of Lower Kirkgate and Berry Lane, Halifax. Mackintosh's factory is in the background, the chimney is still there. The coal shoots were just off the picture to the right.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/DNT00253.jpg
The now disused warehouse a little to the south of the station with the site of former sidings now car parking for Eureka Children's Museum.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/DNT00248.jpg
The high level access was built in the mid-1880s when the station was considerably enlarged including sidings, lines and platforms to the front of the station now, as seen here, car parking and access road to Eureka Children’s Museum. To the right a…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/DNT00199.jpg
The Leeds & Bradford Extension Railway, later a part of the MR, between Shipley and Colne opened through Keighley in 1847 giving the town its first station. The station seen here dates from 1883 and is on the opposite side of Bradford Road to the…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/DNT00179.jpg
The station on the Leeds & Bradford Extension Railway between Shipley and Colne opened at the same time as the section of the line between Shipley and Keighley in March 1847. The station on its last day as seen here was near the Bingley Three Rise…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/DNT00143.jpg
The state of the art Leeds Station sitting atop a labyrinth of Victorian vaults and arches known as the Dark Arches. The surrounding area has been further re-developed since this photo and there is now also a passenger foot access to the station…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/DNT00134.jpg
On the right the imposing general Post Office building which still stands today although no longer the post Office. On the left just out of view to the front of the tram was the entrance to Wellington Station whilst looking ahead is Wellington Street…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/DNT00106.jpg
The Station Car Park at the top of Station Road in 2013. This had been the site of the large two bay Station Warehouse which was demolished in 1969 following serious fire damage. The formal landscaped car park was constructed in 1994.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/COC00130.jpg
Brian Holden of the Rochdale Canal Society is standing next to Cllr Christopher O'Brien. The marina at Hebden Bridge. July 1985.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/RDA00251.jpg
Looking down the Upper Calder Valley. Cross Stone Church on the hillside with canal wharf in the centre.
Output Formats

atom, csv, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2