Browse Items (1162 total)

  • Tags: Street Names

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/STW00122.jpg
Midgehole Lower Mill is on the left and Midgehole Upper Mill, later the Dye Works on the right. Just discernible in the centre distance is New Bridge Mill.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/STW00115.jpg
On the right the Lodge at the gates to Harcastle Crags and on the left New Bridge Mill. By the time of this photo the upper floor of the mill had been converted into Tea Rooms advertised on the gable end.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/STW00111.jpg
View looking down the valley towards Hebden Bridge. In the centre the chimney of Lee Mill and top left Old Town Mill. Straggling down towards the bottom is Midgehole Road.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/STW00104.jpg
Part of Lee Mill can be seen on the left, the far chimny is of Midgehole Upper Mill, later Midgehole Dyeworks and the monument on the horizon is Pecket War Memorial.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/STW00103.jpg
Part of Lee Mill can be seen on the left, and the monument on the horizon is Pecket War Memorial.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/STW00102.jpg
The road in the foreground is Midgehole Road and the Mill is Lee Mill.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/STW00101.jpg
Group of people walking up Keighley Road, probably having arrived at Hebden Bridge by train.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/DNT00216.jpg
The station here was originally built in 1846 by the Leeds & Bradford Railway which had been formed to connect the two towns with a railway along the Aire Valley; it was acquired by the MR in 1853 who rebuilt the station. It was intended that when…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/DNT00215.jpg
The station here was originally built in 1846 by the Leeds & Bradford Railway which had been formed to connect the two towns with a railway along the Aire Valley; it was acquired by the MR in 1853 who rebuilt the station. It was intended that when…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/DNT00213.jpg
The original station here was built in 1846 by the Leeds & Bradford Railway which had been formed to connect the two towns by railway along the Aire Valley. The company was acquired by the MR in 1853 who rebuilt the station seen here and this in turn…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/AGW00291.jpg
Looking down Midgley Road with the completed store on the left.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/AGW00290.jpg
The completed store on the junction of Burnley Road and Midgley Road.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/AGW00289.jpg
The store had been subjected to flooding on several occasions so this new design has car parking at the ground floor level with the store above. Here 16th april 2018 construction is almost complete.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/AGW00288.jpg
The store had been subjected to flooding on several occasions so this new design has car parking at the ground floor level with the store above. Here 16th april 2018 construction is almost complete.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/AGW00281.jpg
The store is built on the site of the former Clough Mill which was demolished in the 1960s to allow for the widening of the entrance to Midgley Road.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/AGW00279.jpg
The store is built on the site of the former Clough Mill which was demolished in the 1960s to allow for the widening of the entrance to Midgley Road.
Output Formats

atom, csv, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2