Browse Items (172 total)

  • Tags: Animals
The timber bridge which gave its name to the town probably stood a little further upstream than the present stone structure which dates from about 1510. Legacies financed the construction: for example, James Grenewode of Wadsworth left 3s. 4d to theā€¦
Peter Killick Principal Keeper of the Horses at Work museum seated on the right. Tourism Officer Jane Brantom. Photo donated by Ann Kilbey
Slack Bottom looking West. The church in the background is Mount Zion Baptists. On the right is Slack House and Stone Slack.

Donated by Esther Dean
View from the rear of Moorland cottages. Donated by Anabel Nairn
Rawson Family collection of glass negatives. C1890
Rawson Family collection of glass negatives. C1890
Mons Mill is in the centre of the picture.
Poatcard with1931 postmark. Top left a tram on Burnley Road, they were withdrawn in 1936. Top right Dauber Bridge on Cragg Road and bottom right Hawksclough and bridge over the River Calder.
Output Formats

atom, csv, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2