Browse Items (97 total)

  • Tags: Walsden

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/TAL00455.jpg
Lovely cottage in Walsden, we are not sure of its location, can you help?

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/TAL00217.jpg
The damage caused by flooding. AN 34131703

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/TAL00216.jpg
After the floods. The householder has put the carpet and chair outside to dry. AN 34131703

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/TAL00215.jpg
The damage caused by flooding. AN 34131703

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/TAL00214.jpg
The aftermath of flooding. AN 34131703

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/EUS00116.jpg
Charity Cricket Match, June 1969

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/EUS00115.jpg
Charity Cricket Match, June 1969

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/EUS00114.jpg
Mayor Eunice Shaw at Charity Cricket Match, June 1969.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/EUS00113.jpg
Mayor Eunice Shaw at Charity Cricket Match, June 1969.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/EUS00112.jpg
Mayor Eunice Shaw at Charity Cricket Match, June 1969.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/EUS00111.jpg
Mayor Eunice Shaw at Charity Cricket Match, June 1969.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/RDA00137.jpg
St Peter's church was built in the late 1840s.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/RDA00134.jpg
St Peters Church was constructed in 1845 when Walsden became a Parish in its own right and no longer part of Todmorden Parish. The church was consecrated in 1848.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/RDA00133.jpg
Walsden from the south hillside. Centre left is the village school and below it an eastbound train heading away from the station.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/RDA00127.jpg
Shade, to the west of Todmorden, with the school near the centre and part of Gauxholme Viaduct bottom right. Postcard.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/RDA00109.jpg
Townscape of the small town dominated by its mills. Date unknown.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/RDA00103.jpg
St Peters Church was constructed in 1845 when Walsden became a Parish in its own right and no longer part of Todmorden Parish. The church was consecrated in 1848.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/RDA00101.jpg
A west bound goods train approaching Walsden Station. The station opened in 1845 and closed in 1961.
A new station with ‘bus stop’ style shelters was opened in 1990 but slightly to the east of the footbridge seen here to the right.
Output Formats

atom, csv, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2