Browse Items (257 total)

  • Tags: School

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/TAS001417.jpg
Looking towards Birks Mill from Walsden CE School. (School building now converted to apartments)

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/TAS001140.jpg
Robinwood Mill and Nott Wood viaduct.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/CRN00444.jpg
An autumnal view of Walsden, with a view of the primary school bottom right and the railway station in front.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/BIM01159.jpg
Hebden Bridge Little Theatre is on the right, centre picture is Riverside School

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/PNH01606.jpg
August 22nd, 1960, Scout road School is on the left.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/TAS00460.jpg
The Chapel was built in 1854 largely through the efforts of the Wilson Family of Wilson’s Bobbin Works and then the school in 1881. The chapel closed in 1968 and the school was then used as a chapel until that too closed in 1985 due to structural…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/TAS00453.jpg
Built in 1906 as a new Sunday School for York Street Weslyan Methodist Chapel to replace an earlier school built in the 1820s. The Chapel closed in 1942 and was used for various purposes before being demolished in 1962. With the closure of the Chapel…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/TAS00452.jpg
A new Chapel and Sunday School were built here in the 1820s but in 1906, a new Sunday school was built, as seen here. Today (2015) this is the Central Methodist Church in Todmorden.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/TAS00413.jpg
St Peter's Church of England Primary School with St Peter's Church behind. The school building is now (2014) being redeveloped as houses, and the school has been re-located to Walsden Junior School site on nearby Rochdale Road.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/MCH00114.jpg
"Bull Fall" is the name given to the woodland behind the Primary School, built high above the road. Across the road from the school is Church Bank Mill. St John in the Wilderness - Cragg Vale's Parish Church being in the foreground.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/DPC00645.jpg
This building is now Crossley Heath School, before then it was Crossley and Porter Grammar School, it was built as the town's orphanage- albeit a very grand one. Postcard dated 1912.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/DPC00627.jpg
This school was once known as the Free School, hence the name of the road on which it is situated. it is now a training centre. Postcard dated 1907.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/DPC00443.jpg
This building is now Crossley Heath School, formerly Crossley and Porter. It is on one of the roads which lead down to the Huddersfield Road and remains today much as in this image. Postcard dated October 1906.
Output Formats

atom, csv, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2