The station opened here when the section of the Manchester and Leeds Railway between Todmorden and Hebden Bridge was inaugurated in December 1840. The station closed in 1951 but the coal drops remained in use until the mid-1960s.
Looking towards Todmorden from above the picnic site. The railway line goes over Horsfall Arches (Lobb Mill viaduct) before entering Castle Hill Tunnel. Todmorden Town Hall is in the centre in the distance.
Robinwood Mill on the left with Stoodley Pike on the skyline and the Burnley - Todmorden railway, the Copy Pit Line, on the right which as once threatened with closure but now has an hourly Blackpool - York service and Blackburn - Manchester.
A view looking towards Todmorden from Cliviger. The A646 is on the right of the picture. The railway running from the right to Chatham Bridge in the centre is the Burnley Branch from Todmorden or the Copy Pit Line as it is usually known after the…
Site of the former Eastwood Railway station. The station opened in December 1840 when the section of the Manchester & Leeds Railway between Hebden Bridge and Summit East was completed. The station closed in 1851.