Browse Items (5 total)

  • Tags: Station Clock

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/DNT00170.jpg
The station originally on the Leeds & Thirsk Railway (see Headingley Station) opened in 1849 and seen her with staff posing for the camera in NER days pre-1923. The station was de-staffed in 1969 and the buildings demolished. As a result of…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/DNT00131.jpg
The station concourse Seen here late 19th or early 20th century and before ticket barriers were erected to the right of the newsagents. The station was accessed by New Station Street off Boar Lane. When it was built in 1869 by the LNWR and NER it…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/DNT00129.jpg
Built by the Midland Railway in 1846, with subsequent re-builds, it was the first station in Leeds centre. Up until the building of New Station in 1869 it was shared by the London & North Western Railway but thereafter it was used exclusively by the…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/DNT00124.jpg
The station was opened by the M&LR at the same time as the section of its line between Hebden Bridge and Normanton and was Wakefield’s only station until Westgate Station was opened in 1867. The station was rebuilt in 1854 and its frontage seen here…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/DNT00121.jpg
A station opened here at the same time as this section of the M&LR on 5th October 1840 and was the station for Huddersfield, reputedly built for the Armytage family of Kirklees Hall. It was closed in 1950.
Output Formats

atom, csv, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2