Browse Items (25 total)

  • Tags: Setts

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/BIM00425.jpg
The Old Bridge onto Bridge Gate. The buildings seen either side have now gone. The house on the left of the bridge used to store their coal under the arch at this end of the bridge.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/BIM00417.jpg
On the far left of the picture is Hazel's wool shop, which was demolished and the site is now Bridge Gate car park.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/BIM00414.jpg
On the left is the Old Bridge. Many of the buildings opposite have been demolished giving way to the Riverside Walk.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/BIM00425.jpg
The Old Bridge onto Bridge Gate. The buildings seen either side have now gone. The house on the left of the bridge used to store their coal under the arch at this end of the bridge.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/BIM00417.jpg
On the far left of the picture is Hazel's wool shop, which was demolished and the site is now Bridge Gate car park.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/BIM00414.jpg
On the left is the Old Bridge. Many of the buildings opposite have been demolished giving way to the Riverside Walk.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/ALC09016.jpg
This was once the main building of the former Hebden Bridge Industrial Co-operative Society. The first floor at one time housed a large reception room, popular for dancing. Later it became the Carlton Hotel but now the the top two floors have been…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/ALC09014.jpg
Relaying the setts at West End. Westbourne House is on the left with the end of Bridge Gate beyond, before the end property was removed to widen the road. Crossley Westerman's, later Alice Longstaff's studio was on the right

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/ALC08281.jpg
On the right of the photo is the original "Hole in the Wall". The wedge shaped building is the end of Royd Terrace. The buildings on the left formed "Buttress Brink", with Old Gate passing in front of the shops.

In 1899 the Hole in the Wall was…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/ALC08265.jpg
The Cross In Hepstonstall was built in 1617 on the site of an older hostelry. The Grade 2 listed building has also been known as the Union Cross. The facade on Town Gate is from the Victorian era.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/ALC05179.jpg
The wall at the bottom of Keighley Road bearing a poster dated 1903. Behind you can just see Stubbings School which was opened in 1878.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/ALC05178.jpg
A "detached" house on the end of the double-decker houses formed between Eifel Street and Edward Street. Once lived in by Elton Thomas.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/SWA00120.jpg
Narrowboats on the wharf. Wainhouse Tower in the distance.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/KES00124.jpg
Looking down Upper Blind Lane, showing stone sets.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/HLS01382.jpg
PH14. 4.9.1988.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/AGW00108.jpg
Between Bridge Lanes and Heptonstall Road was a busy community, home to so many, yet passed by thousands each year as they travel up or down this busy road and see only a grassy slope with trees and bushes.

This thriving part of Hebden Bridge…
Output Formats

atom, csv, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2