Browse Items (21 total)

  • Tags: Keighley

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/DNT00212.jpg
On the GNR line between Keighley and Queensbury where it connected with lines to Bradford and Halifax. The station opened with the line in 1884 and closed in 1955 at the same time as the line closed to passenger traffic, closing to all traffic in…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/DNT00211.jpg
On the GNR line between Keighley and Queensbury where it connected with lines to Bradford and Halifax. The station opened in 1886, two years after the line, and closed in 1955 at the same time as the line closed to passenger traffic, closing to all…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/DNT00210.jpg
On the GNR line between Keighley and Queensbury where it connected with lines to Bradford and Halifax. The station opened with the line in 1884 and closed in 1955 at the same time as the line closed to passenger traffic, closing to all traffic in…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/DNT00209.jpg
On the GNR line between Keighley and Queensbury where it had connected with lines to Bradford and Halifax and seen here in a very derelict condition following closure in 1955 at the same time as the line.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/DNT00208.jpg
On the GNR line between Keighley and Queensbury where it connected with lines to Bradford and Halifax. The station opened with the line in 1884 and closed in 1955 at the same time as the line.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/DNT00207.jpg
The southern terminus of the single track Keighley & Worth Valley Railway opened in 1867 at the same time as the line, seen here looking towards Keighley possibly in MR days. The line was operated by the MR from the start and acquired by them in…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/DNT00206.jpg
The southern terminus of the single track Keighley & Worth Valley Railway opened in 1867 at the same time as the line, seen here looking towards Keighley in LMS days in 1946. The line was operated by the MR from the start and acquired by them in…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/DNT00205.jpg
An intermediate station between Keighley and Haworth, on the single track Keighley & Worth Valley Railway opened in 1867 at the same time as the line and seen here in MR days with station staff posing for the camera. The line was operated by the MR…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/DNT00204.jpg
A sad and near derelict station in BR days in the 1950s. The station closed in 1961 and the line in 1962 re-opening as a heritage railway in 1968. The station has now been fully restored and is the headquarter of the Keighley and Worth Valley…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/DNT00203.jpg
Haworth Station on the single track Keighley & Worth Valley Railway opened in 1867 at the same time as the line, seen here looking towards Keighley. From its earliest days it was busy with pilgrims to the shrine of the Bronte sisters. The line was…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/DNT00202.jpg
Haworth Station on the single track Keighley & Worth Valley Railway opened in 1867 at the same time as the line, seen here looking towards Oxenhope. From its earliest days it was busy with pilgrims to the shrine of the Bronte sisters. The line was…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/DNT00201.jpg
Damens Station seen here in MR days on the single track Keighley & Worth Valley Railway opened in 1867 a few months after the line had been inaugurated and reputedly was Britain's smallest standard-gauge railway station. The line was operated by the…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/DNT00200.jpg
The Leeds & Bradford Extension Railway, acquired by the MR, between Shipley and Colne opened through Keighley in 1847 giving the town its first station. The station seen here with a large island platform dates from 1883 and is on the opposite side of…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/DNT00199.jpg
The Leeds & Bradford Extension Railway, later a part of the MR, between Shipley and Colne opened through Keighley in 1847 giving the town its first station. The station seen here dates from 1883 and is on the opposite side of Bradford Road to the…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/ALC00622.jpg
30th October 1920. An outing of 37 people from the Robin Hood Inn at Pecket Well to Keighley ended in disaster when their charabanc overturned on a bend coming down from Cock Hill to Oxenhope. Five people were killed and four seriously injured. The…
Output Formats

atom, csv, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2