Browse Items (4 total)

  • Tags: Sun Dial

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/HLS05059.jpg
Ebenezer Particular Baptist Chapel, or Meeting House, was opened by John Fawcett in 1777. In 1858 it became the Sunday School for Hope Baptist Chapel and when a larger Sunday School was opened there in 1873 it was first leased and then sold becoming…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/HLS05967.jpg
Slide 8 - There are some delightful old flower gardens attached to the Hall. In front of one of the greenhouses, there is a curious statue of a Negro, kneeling, and supporting a tablet with a sundial on the top, with the motto -

'Let others tell…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/HLS01042.jpg
The chapel was built in 1777. Seen here in use as the premises of the Hebden Bridge Times. This photo therefore predates its move to a new location in Crown Street in1979.

The following text is taken from Looking Back at Hebden Bridge by Frank…
Output Formats

atom, csv, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2