Browse Items (5 total)

  • Tags: St James Church

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/WSC00111.jpg
Viewed from king Street, the hall was demolished c.1969 and replaced by accommodation for the elderly. Behind it is St James Parish Church.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/KEC00154.jpg
The parish church of Hebden bridge but way out of the town centre. Part of the Hebden Bridge Local History Society Archive

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/HBC00707.jpg
Although at Mytholm on the western edge of Hebden Bridge this is its Parish Church; built in 1833 on land given by the Rev. J.A.Rhodes and his wife of nearby Mytholm Hall.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/DEP00145.jpg
View over Mytholm showing Mytholm Hall, and the King Street cottages that were prone to flooding. Right hand end of two storey house opposite was a Co-op. Bungalow in centre bottom was originally a Dawson City hut that was stone clad.
Christine…
Output Formats

atom, csv, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2