Browse Items (30 total)

  • Tags: Birchcliffe Centre

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/PNH00329.jpg
Previously Birchcliffe Baptist Church, this Grade 2 listed buiding is now owned by Pennine Heritage. A floor was put in at balcony level, seen here, so that office space could be created underneath.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/DEF00356.jpg
This was the third General Baptist's Chapel on the Birchcliffe Hillside the first opened in 1764 on Sandy Gate although meetings had been held at Higher Needless at the top of Wadsworth Lane some years earlier. In 1833 the chapel was rebuilt to…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/DEF00352.jpg
David Fletcher walking up to the door. This was the third General Baptist's Chapel on the Birchcliffe Hillside the first opened in 1764 on Sandy Gate although meetings had been held at Higher Needless at the top of Wadsworth Lane some years earlier.…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/ATC00104.jpg
The now lit up at night Birchcliffe Centre 2017. Image and lighting were created by the photographer/electrician Alex Taylor

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/RDA00327.jpg
Looking across Hangingroyd and Nutclough Mills to Birchcliffe late 1880s.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/AGW00232.jpg
Pictured in the Board Room at the Birchcliffe Centre, Hebden Bridge discussing an HLF application for funding are: standing L to R: Michael Newton with Phil Kennedy, David Fletcher and Frank Woolrych from Pennine Heritage Ltd. Seated: Nick Wilding,…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/DEF00212.jpg
The upper floor of the chapel after its first conversion as a community space. Now the Birchcliffe Centre with upper floor totally re-structured following a Heritage Lottery grant. See www.pennineheritage.org.uk/

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/HLS01402.jpg
Designed by George Lister Sutcliffe, of the firm of Sutcliffe and Sutcliiffe Architects. This image appears on page 13 of A Short History of Birchcliffe Baptist Church, Hebden Bridge. Dated 1899.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/FJW00273.jpg
Ann Kilbey, David Martin and Sonja in the Board Room at the Birchcliffe Centre.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/FJW00234.jpg
L to R: Lord and Lady Shutt, Karl Boggis, Mayor of Hebden Royd, David Fletcher, Frank Woolrych

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/FJW00231.jpg
Karl Boggis, centre, Mayor of Hebden Royd, with his parents John and Anne Boggis

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/FJW00137.jpg
Hebden Bridge Local History Society Archive is located in cases around the Boardroom at the Birchcliffe Centre.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/PAK00505.jpg
Left to right: Ann Kilbey, Beryl Martin, ? , Janina Holubecki, Lynn Grimshaw, Roger Grimshaw, ? , David Martin, Sarah Shooter, Katie Morag

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/PAK00500.jpg
Frank Woolrych, left, explaining to Jason Boon, Clerk to Hebden Road Town Council, about The Pennine Horizons Digital Archive in the archive room at the Birchcliffe Centre, Hebden Bridge. January 2015.
Output Formats

atom, csv, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2