Browse Items (70 total)

  • Tags: Methodist

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/TMW00228.jpg
Young men's class at Mount Zion Primitive Methodist Sunday School. Presentation in 1916 to Messrs J and J Wallon, teachers for many years

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/TMW00117.jpg
Officers and teachers who made a record attendance of 100% during the year 1921.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/TMW00115.jpg
Class leaders, Trustees, and Chapel Committee. Back row: Jas Boocock, W. Johnson, J.A. Walton, D. Crossland. Middle row: F. Stansfield, F. Robertshaw, A. Johnson, Sam Morgan, W. Oldfield, W. Brearley. Front row: T. Naylor, Sth Johnson, Jos Siddal, T.…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/TMW00112.jpg
Teachers and Officers, Centenary, 1923. Back row: Messrs J. Walton, A.J. Robertshaw, F. Stansfield, A. Johnson, W. Oldfield, T. Morgan. Second row: Mr D. Crossland, Misses E.E. Robertshaw, M. Naylor, D. Riley, B. Riley,A. Morgan, E. Riley, F. Naylor,…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/AGW00243.jpg
Memorial to cricket club members who died in WW1

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/AGW00239.jpg
Plaque from Mount Zion Primitive Methodist, Mytholmroyd now in St Michael’s, Mytholmroyd.

Memorial to the fallen and those who served in the two Great Wars, 1914-1918 and 1939-1945

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/HCC00106.jpg
Looking across to High Street from the bottom of Stocks Lane. Top left the Methodist chapel, closed 2011, and bottom left the Wolf Inn, demolished 1950s. Photo Christopher Cawkwell Collection.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/DEF00291.jpg
The new Methodist Sunday School is in the process of being built with Salem Chapel to its left. The large building to the left is Melbourne Mill prior to its demolition (illegally, at 6 am on a Sunday morning without planning consent) to make way…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/DEF00104.jpg
Taken in 1976 by a Manchester Polytechnic photographer as part of a research project on the area.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/WAO00227.jpg
Looking down Cragg Road towards Mytholmroyd. The Methodist Chapel, now a private house, is on the left.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/WAO00133.jpg
Across the lower part of the photo are Mytholmroyd Station and Goods Shed with the structures on the Manchester 'up' line supported on stilts and the platforms extending over the viaduct. In the centre of this photo can be seen St Michael’s Church…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/WAO00120.jpg
This church was located on Scout Road, and closed for worship in December 22014. The new organ was consecrated 24th October, 1903.
Output Formats

atom, csv, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2