Browse Items (14 total)

  • Tags: Water Turret

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/NGH00118.jpg
Looking from the down platform obliquely up the line in the Sowerby Bridge direction. Off the up line carriages stored on a siding and between the signal gantries on the right the junction with the Halifax Branch. The station had closed the previous…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/NGH00117.jpg
Former LMS Fowler 2-6-4T number 42384 steams through the station which had closed in September 1962 on the down line probably in October 1962 having just rolled over the junction with the Halifax Branch visible centre right. The loco was taken out of…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/DNT00198.jpg
Known as Grassington & Threshfield Station it was the terminus of the Yorkshire Dales Railway and opened with the line from Embsay Junction on the MR’s Ilkley Skipton Line in 1902; it was operated throughout by the MR. Regular passenger services were…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/DNT00102.jpg
The first station here opened in October 1840 when the section of the Manchester & Leeds Railway between Hebden Bridge and Todmorden was inaugurated. The station was re-buikt in 1891/2 seen here looking up the line towards Todmorden in Lancashire &…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/LYR00260.jpg
LYRS 6029 - Looking north east from the 'up' platform across to the 'down' platform before the buildings on the 'down' platform and all canopies had been demolished.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/LYR00258.jpg
LYRS 4339 - General view of the platforms, buildings and canopies with a siding behind the 'down' platform. The siding has gone as have the canopies, most of the buildings and the water tank.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/LYR00251.jpg
LYRS 2795 - This was the third station on the site and dates from 1881. Seen here in about 1910 looking west with Dobroyd Castle on the hillside. On the right the ‘down’ side warehouse and the carriages in the left hand bay would have formed a…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/LYR00180.jpg
LYRS 3462n - C.1927. Halifax St Paul's Coal Depot - general view of depot including track, wagons and buildings. The joint L&YR and GNR line opened in 1890 from a junction at Holmfield on the Halifax - Queensbury line up to a terminus station known…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/LYR00170.jpg
LYRS 4970 - Halifax East Junction Signal Box ('chimney' side & non-door gable) and parachute water tank. It is still situated at the east end of Platform 3, although that is no longer in use and the water tank has gone. The tracks going off to the…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/LYR00125.jpg
LYRS 2785 - Sowerby Bridge Station - looking towards 'Down' Bay platforms in BR period. The Bay platfoms have gone as have the signal box, signals and cylindrical water tower. The lines going off to the right are for the Rishworth Branch (closed to…
Output Formats

atom, csv, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2