Browse Items (75 total)

  • Tags: Trees

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/DMC00547.jpg
Photograph taken from Back Lane, Knowl Top - looking towards Heptonstall.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/HLS01204.jpg
Featured in the Geoff Boswell Calendar of 2004.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/TNC00316.jpg
View towards Todmorden with the tower of Dobroyd Castle above the distant trees left of centre. The railway was built 1840 by the Manchester & Leeds Railway.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/TNC00326.jpg
View over Gauxholme with the railway on the left curving to cross the Gauxholme Viaduct with the tower of Dobroyd Castle visible above it.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/TNC00331.jpg
View over Gauxholme/Copprashouse with the tower of Dobroyd Castle visible above it. Bottom right Shade School.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/TNC00346.jpg
A view looking towards Todmorden from Cliviger. The A646 is on the right of the picture. The railway running from the right to Chatham Bridge in the centre is the Burnley Branch from Todmorden or the Copy Pit Line as it is usually known after the…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/TNC00364.jpg
A view of the Todmorden - Burnley railway, the Copy Pit Line, with Mons Mill, demolished in 2000, to the right of the picture.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/TNC00381.jpg
A good view with the Todmorden - Burnley railway line and road in close proximity in the valley bottom. The spire of St Michael's and All Angels Church can be seen left of centre of the shot.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/TNC00354.jpg
Robinwood Mill on the right with Stoodley Pike on the skyline and the Burnley - Todmorden railway, the Copy Pit Line, on the left which was once threatened with closure but now has hourly Blackpool - York and Blackburn - Manchester services.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/DEF00268.jpg
Mytholm Hall had been demolished to make way for the apartments seen here, Hebden Bridge Parish Church of St James the Great is behind.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/DEF00269.jpg
Mytholm Hall had been demolished to make way for the apartments seen here, Hebden Bridge Parish Church of St James the Great is behind.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/DNT00106.jpg
The Station Car Park at the top of Station Road in 2013. This had been the site of the large two bay Station Warehouse which was demolished in 1969 following serious fire damage. The formal landscaped car park was constructed in 1994.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/DNT00120.jpg
A very derelict looking Brighouse Station, date unknown. The first station here opened with the line in October 1840 and was to the east of Huddersfield Road and at the time was called 'Brighouse and Bradford Station' as there as then no railway to…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/DNT00122.jpg
The first station situated in Horbury Bridge opened with this section of the M&LR on 5th October 1840 and was named Horbury & Ossett. It was replaced in 1902 with the island platform station seen here, still in Horbury Bridge, and renamed Ossett &…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/DNT00150.jpg
Looking down on the station early 20th century which was on the NER's Cross Gates – Wetherby line; opened 1876 and closed 1964.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/DNT00154.jpg
The station seen here in in LMS days (1923-1948) opened in 1841 at the same time as the Leeds – Derby line of the North Midland Railway, later a constituent part of the MR. The station closed in 1957 having been re-named Methley North in 1950 to…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/DNT00174.jpg
The station on the Leeds & Bradford Railway’s Aire Valley Line opened at the same time as the line in 1846 and became part of the MR network. The station was re-built when the line was quadrupled in about 1905 having been re-named Newlay & Horsforth…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/DNT00177.jpg
The station on the Leeds & Bradford Railway’s Aire Valley Line opened in July 1846 a few weeks after the line. This station was replaced in 1900 by the one seen here when the line was widened to four tracks. The station closed in 1965 but a new…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/DNT00178.jpg
The Leeds & Bradford Extension Railway between Shipley and Colne opened over its whole length in 1848 but a station wasn’t opened by the MR at Saltaire until 1856. This station was closed in 1965 and the buildings demolished in 1970. In 1984 a new…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/DNT00179.jpg
The station on the Leeds & Bradford Extension Railway between Shipley and Colne opened at the same time as the section of the line between Shipley and Keighley in March 1847. The station on its last day as seen here was near the Bingley Three Rise…
Output Formats

atom, csv, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2